Experience Everything Compliance Network Has to Offer
Start Customizing Your Profile for Free!
Update to Professional Trial!
Already have an account?
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Enjoy your limited-time access to the Compliance Network Professional Trial!
A confirmation welcome email has been sent to your email address from ComplianceNetwork@t.jjkellercompliancenetwork.com. Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't find it in your inbox.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Thank you for your interest in EnvironmentalHazmat related content.
You've reached your limit of free access, if you'd like more info, please contact us at 800-327-6868.
InstituteWaste/HazWasteOil Spill PreventionOil Spill PreventionEnvironmentalOil SpillsEnglishAnalysisFocus AreaCompliance and Exceptions (Level 2)USA
Important guidance and policy documents
['Oil Spill Prevention']
- A list of resources and reference material on oil spill prevention follows in this section.
The following references may be consulted for further guidance and policy on oil spill prevention:
- Certification of the Applicability of the Substantial Harm Criteria; Attachment C-II; Found in Appendix C to Part 112
- Common SPCC and FRP Deficiencies: Summary of Findings; EPA webinar slides – 4/2021
- Compliance Concerns Associated with Increasing Oil Storage; EPA compliance advisory EPA 305-F-20-003 – 10/2020
- Facility Response Planning: Compliance Assistance Guide; EPA publication EPA 540-K-02-003d – 8/2002
- Facility-specific Response Plan; Appendix F to Part 112
- Flowchart for the Criteria for Substantial Harm; Attachment C-I; Found in Appendix C to Part 112
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the Secretary of Transportation and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency; Appendix A to Part 112
- NRT-RRT Factsheet: Application of Sorbents and Solidifiers for Oil Spills; National Response Team document – 2/2007
- Oil Discharge Reporting Requirements: How to Report Oil Discharges to the National Response Center and EPA; EPA publication EPA-550-F-06-006 – 12/2006
- Oil Spills Prevention and Preparedness Regulations; EPA topic webpage
- Oil Storage on U.S. Farms: Risks and Opportunities for Protecting Surface Waters; EPA publication EPA-530-R-15-002 – 6/30/2015
- Quality and Consistency Review of SPCC and FRP Plans: Summary of Findings; EPA document – 4/7/2021
- Sample SPCC Plan for a Marina; EPA Region 5 document – 1/2002
- Secondary Containment Calculation Worksheets; EPA webpage
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Practices at Small Petroleum Facilities: Interagency Energy/Environment R&D Program Report; EPA-600/7-80-004 – 1/1980
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan: Qualified Facilities Applicability; EPA guidance – April 2011
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Regulation Part 112: A Facility Owner/Operator’s Guide to Oil Pollution Prevention; EPA publication EPA 540-K-09-001 – 6/2010
- SPCC Bulk Storage Container Inspection Fact Sheet; EPA fact sheet – 8/2013
- SPCC Guidance for Regional Inspectors; EPA publication EPA 550-B-13-002 - 12/16/2013
- SPCC Streamlined Requirements for Tier I and II Qualified Facilities; EPA fact sheet – 5/2011
- Subpart J: The National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan (NCP) Product Schedule; EPA publication EPA-550-F-06-002 – 10/2007
- Substantial Harm Criteria; Appendix C to Part 112
- Tier I Qualified Facility SPCC Plan; Appendix G to Part 112
- Tier I Qualified Facility SPCC Plan Template; EPA document – 2/2011
- Understanding Oil Spills and Oil Spill Response; EPA publication EPA 540-K-99-007 – 12/1999
- When Are You Required to Report an Oil Spill and Hazardous Substance Release?; EPA webpage
J. J. Keller is the trusted source for DOT / Transportation, OSHA / Workplace Safety, Human Resources, Construction Safety and Hazmat / Hazardous Materials regulation compliance products and services. J. J. Keller helps you increase safety awareness, reduce risk, follow best practices, improve safety training, and stay current with changing regulations.