- First-aid kits must be visibly marked and in good repair.
- First-aid kits must be stocked with the required unexpired supplies.
- First-aid kits must be easily accessible in case of an emergency.
The kit must be located in an area which permits easy accessibility in the event of an emergency.
Marking and labeling
The kit and/or location of the kit must be visibly marked.
- The outside of the kit must be in good repair to adequately protect supplies.
- The interior of the kit should not show evidence of moisture or other contamination.
- All supplies should be secure in their original packaging or container.
- All supplies with an expiration date should not be expired.
- A first-aid guide must be present.
- The first-aid guide should describe the care needed to be administered until more advanced care can be provided.
- At least 16 individually packaged, sealed, and sterile adhesive bandages measuring 1 x 3 inches.
- At least 1 roll of adhesive tape measuring a minimum of 2 1/2 yards.
- At least 10 individual use packets containing a minimum of 1/57 fluid ounces of antibiotic ointment.
- At least 10 individual use packets containing a minimum of 1/57 fluid ounces of antiseptic.
- At least 10 individual use packets or spray containers with a minimum of 1/32 ounces of burn treatment.
- At least 1 burn dressing/pad (gel soaked) measuring a minimum of 4 x 4 square inches.
- At least 2 sterile pads measuring a minimum of 3 x 3 inches.
- At least 1 triangular bandage made from muslin measuring a minimum of 40 x 40 x 56 inches when unfolded.
- At least 2 pairs of medical grade exam gloves.
- At least 1 cold pack measuring a minimum of 4 x 5 inches. An individually packaged, single use, disposable breathing barrier containing instructions for use.
- At least 2 individually packaged, sealed, and sterile eye coverings, with means of attachment, measuring a minimum of 2.9 square inches.
- An individual use, sterile, isotonic, buffered eye/skin wash containing a minimum of 1 fluid ounces.
- At least 6 containers of hand sanitizer containing a minimum of 1/32 fluid ounces.
- At least 1 roller bandage measuring a minimum of 2 inches x 4 yards.
- At least 2 trauma pads measuring a minimum of 5 x 9 inches.
- A pair of scissors.
- If a Class B first aid kit, a splint measuring a minimum of 4 x 24 inches must be present.
- If a Class B first aid kit, a tourniquet measuring a minimum of 1 inch wide must be present.