Experience Everything Compliance Network Has to Offer
Start Customizing Your Profile for Free!
Update to Professional Trial!
Already have an account?
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Enjoy your limited-time access to the Compliance Network Professional Trial!
A confirmation welcome email has been sent to your email address from ComplianceNetwork@t.jjkellercompliancenetwork.com. Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't find it in your inbox.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Thank you for your interest in EnvironmentalHazmat related content.
You've reached your limit of free access, if you'd like more info, please contact us at 800-327-6868.
InstituteWaste/HazWasteWasteWasteEnvironmentalEnglishAnalysisFocus AreaCompliance and Exceptions (Level 2)USA
- Employees must have access to the alarm system and/or direct contact with another employee whenever hazardous waste is being poured, mixed, spread, or otherwise handled.
All facilities must be equipped with the following (unless the facility does not handle materials that would require the equipment to respond to emergencies):
- Internal communications or alarm system capable of providing immediate emergency instruction (voice or signal);
- A device, such as a telephone (immediately available at the scene of operations) or a hand-held two-way radio, capable of summoning emergency assistance from local police departments, fire departments, or state and/or local emergency response teams;
- Portable fire extinguishers, fire control equipment, spill control equipment, and decontamination equipment; and
- Water at adequate volume and pressure to supply water hose streams, or foam-producing equipment, or automatic sprinklers, or water spray systems.
All equipment must be maintained and tested to assure proper operation.
Employees must have access to the alarm system and/or direct contact with another employee whenever hazardous waste is being poured, mixed, spread, or otherwise handled. Employees working alone must have the capability of summoning external emergency assistance.
The regulations require there to be enough aisle space to allow the unobstructed movement of personnel, fire protection equipment, spill control equipment, and decontamination equipment to any area of the facility in an emergency.
J. J. Keller is the trusted source for DOT / Transportation, OSHA / Workplace Safety, Human Resources, Construction Safety and Hazmat / Hazardous Materials regulation compliance products and services. J. J. Keller helps you increase safety awareness, reduce risk, follow best practices, improve safety training, and stay current with changing regulations.