Experience Everything Compliance Network Has to Offer
Start Customizing Your Profile for Free!
Update to Professional Trial!
Already have an account?
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Enjoy your limited-time access to the Compliance Network Professional Trial!
A confirmation welcome email has been sent to your email address from ComplianceNetwork@t.jjkellercompliancenetwork.com. Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't find it in your inbox.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Thank you for your interest in EnvironmentalHazmat related content.
You've reached your limit of free access, if you'd like more info, please contact us at 800-327-6868.
Copyright 2023 J. J. Keller & Associate, Inc. For re-use options please contact email@example.com or call 800-558-5011.
RegSenseezExplanationAlternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)EnglishUnfair Labor PracticesFederal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS)MediationUnions/Labor RelationsCollective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)Best ResultsOffice of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)USAHR ManagementLabor Management Relations Act (LMRA)Focus AreaHuman Resources
Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS)
The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, created in 1947, is an independent agency whose mission is to preserve and promote labor-management peace and cooperation. Headquartered in Washington, DC, with two regional offices and more than 70 field offices, the agency provides mediation and conflict resolution services to industry, government agencies, and communities.
The FMCS uses dispute mediation and other conflict resolution services tools and techniques to promote collective bargaining, strengthen labor-management relations, and enhance organizational effectiveness.
Some of the services the FMCS provides include the following:
- Dispute resolution and conflict management. The resolution of labor-management disputes associated with collective bargaining, and with other workplace conflicts, which is at the core of the FMCS mission.
- Preventive mediation. Services and training in cooperative processes to help labor and management break down traditional barriers and build better working relationships.
- eServices. Leading-edge technology services for bargaining, consensus-building, dispute mediation, and conflict resolution.
- Arbitration. Referral services that use a national database of qualified private-sector arbitrators. Labor and management can request referrals on the basis of criteria that include geographic area, professional affiliation or industry experience.
- Grievance mediation. Providing parties with a mediator to settle a grievance before it reaches the more costly stage of arbitration.
- Collective bargaining mediation. A voluntary process occurring when a third party neutral assists the two sides in reaching a collective bargaining agreement.
READ MORESHOW LESS
['Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)', 'Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS)', 'Labor Management Relations Act (LMRA)', 'Mediation', 'Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)', 'Unfair Labor Practices', 'Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)']
J. J. Keller is the trusted source for DOT / Transportation, OSHA / Workplace Safety, Human Resources, Construction Safety and Hazmat / Hazardous Materials regulation compliance products and services. J. J. Keller helps you increase safety awareness, reduce risk, follow best practices, improve safety training, and stay current with changing regulations.