Experience Everything Compliance Network Has to Offer
Start Customizing Your Profile for Free!
Update to Professional Trial!
Already have an account?
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Enjoy your limited-time access to the Compliance Network Professional Trial!
A confirmation welcome email has been sent to your email address from ComplianceNetwork@t.jjkellercompliancenetwork.com. Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't find it in your inbox.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Thank you for your interest in EnvironmentalHazmat related content.
You've reached your limit of free access, if you'd like more info, please contact us at 800-327-6868.
Copyright 2023 J. J. Keller & Associate, Inc. For re-use options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-558-5011.
Standard Number: 1910.106(i)
August 8, 1973
OSHA STANDARD NOTICE 1910.106
To: Field and National Office
Subject: Applicability of Section 1910.106 to Wineries.
1.Purpose. To provide information and guidance on applicability of Section 1910.106 to wineries.
2.Background. There have been questions from one of the large wine producing areas concerning:
The applicability of Section 1910.106 to wineries.
- If applicable, under what Paragraph?
- If applicable, would the final containment of the wine in tanks or vats prior to bottling be considered as storage or as part of the processing of the wine?
3.Action. It is the interpretation of the Office of Standards that:
Section 1910.106 is applicable to wineries.
- The appropriate Paragraph is 1910.106(i), refineries, chemical plants, and distilleries.
- The final containment of wine in vats or tanks prior to bottling is part of the processing procedure rather than storage. Therefore, Subparagraph 1910.106(i)(4), location of process units is applicable rather than 1910.106(i)(1), Storage tanks.
4. Cancellation: This notice is effective immediately and will remain in effect until superseded or canceled.
Office of Standards
READ MORESHOW LESS
['Hazardous Materials Safety - OSHA']
J. J. Keller is the trusted source for DOT / Transportation, OSHA / Workplace Safety, Human Resources, Construction Safety and Hazmat / Hazardous Materials regulation compliance products and services. J. J. Keller helps you increase safety awareness, reduce risk, follow best practices, improve safety training, and stay current with changing regulations.