InstituteDiscriminationDiscriminationHostile environmentAge DiscriminationTest Yourself AnswersUSAHR ManagementEnglishAnalysisFocus AreaHuman Resources
Test Yourself: 5 things you may not know about discrimination: Answers
- b. False. Intent doesn’t matter. What counts is how people on the receiving end of comments or jokes feel about the action.
- a. True. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects individuals aged 40 and over.
- b. False. Such factors often contribute to a hostile work environment.
- b. False. A client, customer, or vendor can also commit harassment against an employer’s employees.
- b. False. Employment actions that could be ruled discriminatory include: denial of employment or promotion, reassignment with significantly different responsibilities, and demotion.