Experience Everything Compliance Network Has to Offer
Start Customizing Your Profile for Free!
Update to Professional Trial!
Already have an account?
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Enjoy your limited-time access to the Compliance Network Professional Trial!
A confirmation welcome email has been sent to your email address from ComplianceNetwork@t.jjkellercompliancenetwork.com. Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't find it in your inbox.
YOU'RE ALL SET!
Thank you for your interest in EnvironmentalHazmat related content.
You've reached your limit of free access, if you'd like more info, please contact us at 800-327-6868.
Copyright 2023 J. J. Keller & Associate, Inc. For re-use options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-558-5011.
InstituteFleet SafetyAnnual inspections - Motor CarrierTest Yourself AnswersFocus AreaDaily vehicle inspectionsUSAEnglishAnalysisTransportationCMV Inspections
Test Your CMV Inspections Knowledge: Answers
Test Yourself quiz answers:
- a: True. The federal inspection regulations found in Part 396 (as well as the criteria used to perform an annual inspection found in Appendix A) apply to all CMVs and the employers and employees operating them.
- b: False. These types of organizations are exempt from the recordkeeping and post-trip inspection reporting requirements of the federal inspection regulations.
- b: False. The driver of the CMV must make en-route cargo inspections within 50 miles of beginning a trip, not 25 miles (although 25 miles may be better from a practical perspective).
- a: True. The next driver must review the DVIR and sign it, acknowledging that the defect was corrected (or didn’t need correcting) before driving.
- e: All of the above. Parking brakes, tires, windshield wiper(s), rear-vision mirrors, coupling devices, wheels and rims, and emergency equipment must also be evaluated.
J. J. Keller is the trusted source for DOT / Transportation, OSHA / Workplace Safety, Human Resources, Construction Safety and Hazmat / Hazardous Materials regulation compliance products and services. J. J. Keller helps you increase safety awareness, reduce risk, follow best practices, improve safety training, and stay current with changing regulations.